Tuesday

If I knew that you were coming, I'd have baked a cake!

How does one explain the enigma that is CalArts? It's everything I've dreamed of and so much more. To think that I'll only be here for three or four years... Let's just say I try not to think about that. It's already been about two months. Time here has its own rules. You'd think that you only had time for this and that in a day, but I've come to learn very quickly that you can easily do these, those, and that thing over there, too. But even when you've squeezed everything into your schedule and made so much out of little time, it flies that much faster in some sort of sick, twisted irony.

People of great minds reside here. Talent is seething and bubbling out of every crevice. Constantly, artists of every school are shining with their brightest peacock feathers, putting on shows, exhibits, performances... and films!

For now, I'm but a fledgling. Here are some of the things I've done so far.

Character Design:

Inspired by Neuromancer's Molly and one of the super computers! Such a crazy read.


For Halloween, we were put to follow Tim Burton's style. Fun!

The assignment: draw someone young with someone old. I couldn't help but succumb to the idea of an adorable witch grandma!

Life Drawing:


For more life drawings, click here!

...And some updates to Anise and Ricotta!

Oh, no, I'm not finished yet! I've got some animation and special drawings to show really soon! Stay tuned <3

2 comments:

Mike Barnett said...

Hi Nicole,
Yeah, long time. I ended up going to Academy of Art University instead. I wanted to get a more rounded education. I remember, now, that we were talking about that.
I'm at the tail end of my first year here. I'm learning so much!
I'm glad to see that you're posting what you're up to at school. I've been wondering.

Mike Barnett said...

Oops. Forgot to reply to the CTN question. I didn't even know it was happening! I have too much homework to do anything else though...